Northern Gas Pipeline
Jemena is proud to have been selected by the Northern Territory Government to build, own and operate the Northern Gas Pipeline (NGP).
The 622km pipeline will link Tennant Creek in the Territory with Mount Isa in Queensland, unlocking the next phase of economic growth for the Northern Territory and help build a stronger Northern Australia.
Construction of the $800 million Project began in July 2017. The first gas is scheduled to flow in late 2018.
Jemena publishes regular project updates and newsletters to inform the community about the progress of the NGP Project.
You can view all project updates, newsletters and media releases here.
Environmental Management Plan and Supporting Documentation
The Project Environmental Management Plan can be found here.
In accordance with the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC 2015/7569) Condition 15, the Approved Rehabilitation Management Plan can be found here. The Trench Inspection Procedure can be found here.
EPBC Annual Compliance Report
In accordance with the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC 2015/7569) Condition 9, the Annual Compliance Reports can be found below:
2017/18 Annual Compliance Report
Environmental Impact Statement /Public Environment Report
Prior to any construction taking place on the ground, a range of government licences and approvals, including a comprehensive review of the environment and the potential impacts from construction, were required.
- Please click here to read Jemena’s Supplement to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)/Public Environment Report (PER) for the Northern Gas Pipeline Project, which addresses comments received during the public review period.
- The Commonwealth Minister for the Environment has approved the construction and operation of the NGP. The Minister's decision was made under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999. Visit the Department of Environment and Energy's website for more information.
To find out more about purchasing capacity on the NGP, click here
Map of the NGP route
The Northern Gas Pipeline will span 622km, between Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory and Mount Isa in Queensland. You can view a map of the route here (PDF).
Jemena is building and will operate the NGP with as much local and Indigenous participation as possible. During the planning, construction, and commissioning phases, the majority of jobs have been filled by residents of the Northern Territory and the Mount Isa region.
- McConnell Dowell has completed building 422km of the 622km Northern Gas Pipeline.
- Spiecapag Australia has completed 141km of pipeline construction in Queensland.
- Civmec is building the Phillip Creek Compressor Station, near Tennant Creek.
- Valmec has recently completed the construction of the Mount Isa Compressor Station.
For contract award information, please visit the ICN NT website here.
Jemena has developed a Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) Business Investment Fund to assist eligible SMEs in the Northern Territory and Mount Isa region of western Queensland to build their capacity and capability to competitively bid for work on the NGP Project, as well as develop their longer-term business capability.
Businesses may be able to access Jemena co-contribution funding from the following programs:
Northern Territory Business Growth Program: https://nt.gov.au/industry/start-run-and-grow-a-business/business-growth-programs/contact
Queensland Government Accessing Supply Chain Opportunities workshops: www.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/accessing-supply-chain-opportunities-asco/regional-development/accessing-supply-chain-opportunities-asco.html
Commonwealth Government skills or business development programs and Indigenous support programs:
You can read more about the SME Business Investment Fund here.
Phone: 1300 578 515