We do our best to provide you with a safe and continuous supply of electricity. However we cannot guarantee you an uninterrupted supply as our electricity network is exposed to events beyond our reasonable control.
Common causes of interruptions are:
- vehicle or machinery accidents
- high winds, lightning strikes and storms
- debris or vegetation hitting powerlines
- animal life, such as birds or possums
- pole top fires
- equipment failure
- wiring or appliance faults on property
The power lines and/or network electrical equipment in your area may also need to be temporarily taken out of service for repairs, or to allow for maintenance, alterations or augmentation. Our aim is to provide you with a safe and reliable power supply, and this involves maintaining the equipment along the distribution network in your area.
Whenever possible, we will notify you if the electricity supply in your area requires maintenance.