At Jemena, we help bring energy to life for over 1.6 million Australian homes and businesses every day. With a footprint spanning various parts of eastern and northern Australia, we’re also a proud member of hundreds of wonderful and diverse local communities.
Partnering for good
To us, being a good neighbour means helping to improve the welfare and wellbeing of our customers and communities. Each year we support a range of not-for-profit and community organisations including the Royal Flying Doctor Service, Uniting, Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES), the NSW Rural Fire Service and RACQ Rescue Service to deliver safety, education-based and other positive social benefits.
Learn how we’re supporting people across Melbourne’s north to better understand their energy use, save on bills and seek support through our recent Power Changers Community Connections Program, co-delivered with partner Uniting.
What’s important to the people who live and work in our local areas is important to us. Through our Jemena Community Grants Program we’re pleased to offer some funding support for community groups, charities, schools and not-for-profit organisations making a real difference for communities across Victoria and New South Wales
Applications for the 2019 Jemena Community Grants Program are currently open.
If your have a program or event that takes place within our Jemena footprint, offers positive benefits for the community and meets our Community Grants Guidelines (below), we'd be delighted to consider your application.
To be eligible to apply for a Community Grant your organisation must:
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, registered charity, school or community group with an ABN
- During 2019 deliver an event or program in the Jemena footprint that supports the local community
- Be open to Jemena participating in the event or program and promotional activities
- Be open to sharing outcomes
- Be open to Jemena promoting your event or program (including outcomes) to its customers and through our social media channels
- Hold a current bank account in Australia in its name
We are open to receiving applications on all programs and events that offer positive benefits for the community, including programs and events that:
- Focus of delivering safe, affordable, reliable and / or sustainable energy
- Provide clear social or education-based benefits
- Respond to local issues, concerns and priorities
- Foster community involvement and participation
- individuals, commercial businesses and government entities
- programs and events outside Jemena’s footprint
- programs and events which have already been completed prior to the date of funding
- organisations or activities which do not reflect Jemena’s values
- organisations or activities which do not reflect local community standards
- activities which denigrate or exclude members of the community
- activities which are or could be perceived to be unsafe or cause harm to people, animals or the environment
- political or religious pursuits
- organisations or activities associated with gambling, drugs or alcohol
At Jemena, we help bring energy to life for over 1.6 million Australian homes and businesses every day. Our footprint spans across various parts of eastern and northern Australia:
Please note that as we do receive numerous support requests we may not be able to approve all applications which meet our guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to ensure grants provide the highest value for communities, while aligning with our business values.
Giving back and volunteering
Through our corporate volunteering program all team members have the opportunity to spend one full day or two half days per year with organisations like OzHarvest and FareShare, helping to prepare hundreds of nutritious meals each year that support some our most vulnerable community members.
We’re also proud to offer various other employee programs that see us support the special causes our people take part in outside of work – from raising funds and issue awareness via memorial walks to coaching local sports teams. Our Workplace Giving program charity partners also include the Cancer Council, The Royal Children's Hospital, The Salvation Army, Australian Red Cross, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, RSPCA Australia and the Starlight Children's Foundation.
Learn more about the benefits of working with us in our Careers section.