Changes to Jemena's Gas Distribution Portal
Jemena Gas Network
Over the coming months, we will be making a series of positive changes to Jemena’s ‘Connect and Manage My Gas’ portal.
The first round of changes will significantly improve the application process for requests to connect gas to detached residential properties, and will be rolled out from 13 August 2019.
So, what do these changes mean for customers in detached residential properties?
- When you apply for a new gas connection, we will make you an offer to connect within 1 hour of the application being submitted wherever possible, a process that currently takes up to several business days in many cases.
- There will be tweaks made to the portal to simplify the connection application process and reduce the time it currently takes to complete a request.
Changes to the portal application process for other connection types and related requests will also be introduced later this year including medium density, high rise and commercial properties.
Further information on all planned updates and instructions on how to complete a gas connection application or other service update request via the portal will be made available via this website. We will provide further communication throughout the remainder of the year as the other connection types are implemented.
A note for Gas Retailers – what these changes mean for you:
- When a retailer applies for a connection for a detached residential premises, where possible, we will make an offer within 1 hour of the application submission.
- Changes to the portal front end are minor. For example, removal of “Does this property have a street address?”
- We have reduced the number of options for meter location to make it simpler for the applicant.
Given the significant level of automation that is being made with these application types, it is imperative that the connection information is entered correctly. For example:
- Address fields: Please use the automated address selection where possible - free text leads to addresses being entered incorrectly will in some cases not result in an instant offer being provided.
- Lot section: Only the number is to be entered in this field. Do not enter the word “Lot” or “L” as per the market structure.
- All “granny flats” should be identified as Unit 1, or Flat 1, please do not enter this information in the location descriptor.
By digitising and simplifying some new connection application processes, Jemena will be improving efficiency by reducing the processing time for many new applications and providing Gas Retailers with more visibility of new connection service offerings.
Introducing changes to simplify our online application processes is just one of the ways we are committed to continuously improving our services and experiences for our customers.